Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Suspension - we should get some


And now the big news. I am still waiting for the return of the broken-at-Summit-Point front anti-sway bar from Moss. 

While waiting, I took off the wheels to check brake pads (still very thick) and check out the front shock oil level, figuring it was low and maybe contributing to the demolished sway bar at Summit Point race. Below is a photo of the inside valving of the front shocks: on the left is the valve new from Moss, on the right is the valve that was in our MGB. 

Notice any difference? 

LIKE THE ACTUAL FARKING VALVE SPRING AND ALL THE FARKING VALVE O-RINGS?!?!?! 

That’s right ladies and gentlemen – you’ve been racing in a car that had ZERO FRONT SHOCK dampening (as if you need me to tell you that!). My guess: the DPO (dreadful previous owner) had completely removed the valves - probably had installed the tube shock kit and then removed it (and the sway bar) before selling the car off, and then didn’t bother to put the valves back in. I just happened to have 2 ‘competition up-rated’ valves I had ordered 6 months ago but never installed. Sweet. I installed them Monday but as it was raining I haven’t test driven yet – but results from the ‘fender bounce’ test states very much improved. Like, actually damped. Party. 


No comments:

Post a Comment